Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year? It's just another year

All people make resolutions for the coming of new year. It has always been like this. Of course, there's nothing wrong with one's hoping that the coming year will bring greater happiness. And I hope everyone realizes his or her resolutions.
For me, New year is just another year, though. It's not so special, but I do hope I can perform better in my life. ^^
It dawned on me, a bad news I received from my debating mailing list, that a person named Rajan Rishyakaran from SMU Singapore passed away just this morning. As I am curious to know, I googled him, and I can tell he was a great debater. His blog was cool and it's so sad to see him pass away in a road accident. It must be shocking for his family as well as his best friends. Who could have told this incidence would happen? Long time ago, the wise man Solomon said: “I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) Indeed, unforeseen occurrence befall us. We never know what will happen to us tomorrow, cos we are like a mist appearing for a little while and then disappearing (James 4:13) .
Thus, I believe, we all always have to take precautions, and do better and improve ourselves of human being, and for me this is connected to our search of purpose of life. I always wanna have meaning in my life. Whatever we have right now, knowledge, wealth, all these are just interim, and if we pursue these all, our life won't have a great meaning, will it?
I wish I can improve myself to be better human being. A long run yet always a great resolution to go.

3 comments:

  1. i ve story bout a girl whom i met at NUEDC prelim 1 named ruth, she came from STBA prayoga which was extremely hit by Padang earthquake..i watched the news and kept thinking bout that girl while i read on the victim announcement a similar name ruth....i cudnt delete her from mind remebering that when we were at the sukarno hatta she said rido its trully our final goodbye..she departed to Padang..at nit i decided to text another padang debater and the answr was ruth is found death..i was emotionally weepin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rido: Really? That girl from STBA Prayoga, I think she is pretty woman, I adjudicated her as well. That's too bad... I'm so sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cath, why not write ur cuisine experience..cath s most favourite meatball stall; a food review!
    hehe..feedback from a fan
    rido

    ReplyDelete