Monday, February 6, 2012

War Horse (2011)


War Horse is a beautiful anti war movie, depicting the friendship of a man and a horse, and even separated by war, they manage to find each other in the end. I've just listed this as one of my most favourite movies of all time. I cried a lot when I watched some of the scenes and the film scores are just beautiful. The emotional depth is remarkable. It tugs my heartstrings so much with its stories and the ending is just moving.

War Horse is not always believable but is, I think, a cinematic achievement. Spielberg is a great commentator on the human condition and a masterful storyteller who always elicits an emotional response. The scene with Joey struggling through barbed wire brought gasps and tears from me. It's undeniably sentimental. This is for anyone who isn't grouchy or jaded. It's an old-fashioned epic that predictably tugs at your heart strings.


80% for the movie! A must watch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment