Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Girl in the Park (2009)


Rated: R (Restricted)

Seriously? I can feel this movie. This is a good direction from David Auburn, his first direction btw, and I should give two thumbs up for this movie.

Ok, spoiler alert:

A mother who is so traumatized by the disappearance of her three-year old daughter 15 years ago, has isolated herself from her ex-husband and son due to her inability to cope with her loss, hence clinging to the hope of finding her daughter again.



The emptiness fades away until she meets a homeless teenage girl and she offers home to her and since then, she feels kinda 'alive'. She treats her like her own daughter, and of course, the hope that the girl is her lost daughter is always there hanging in her mind. Well, great act, great script, great direction. I like this movie, I only have a lil problem with its ending. The ending has no real closure, in my opinion, making the ending non fulfilling at all. But overall, I have to admit that this movie is very touching, that's it's little wonder I shed some tears during this movie. Mom's love is never ending, so they say... Sigourney Weaver plays as the mother and she is absolutely brilliant. She fulfills the role of successful woman but fragile within. I can feel her palpable pain. Such a superb actress! And Kate Bosworth is great there as well.

This is totally watchable!

80% for this movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment