Thursday, May 6, 2010
Jaws (1975)
Rated: PG (Parental Guidance recommended)
Now I know why Paul sent me this movie and recommended me watching it. This is just a classic! Brilliant!
Jaws is simply one of the scariest movies of all time! It is a pioneer for its time and made half the nation afraid to go to the beach. Jaws made people scared of sharks. I could imagine myself watching it at that time, which would give me twice or maybe thrice the effect of how the movie defined my implicit fear of what lies beneath the water - even to this day - it sits like a shadow in the back of my mind when I play water (well, I can't swim >_<) in the ocean... You know it is a good movie if that happens to you.
The shoot for the movie did not go according to plan, with a Robotic Shark that hardly worked, and the Budget Spiraling out of Control, Spielberg decided to keep the Shark out of the Picture for as much of the film as he could, and instead, play into our fear more of the unknown and it worked perfectly. Not showing the Shark for half of the Picture was a stroke of genius, because it left the Audience wondering and waiting for that big reveal. Jaws is a lot of fun, and its entertainment at is finest. Steven Spielberg created one of the true great creature features of all time.
35 years on and it still has not lost its touch.
90% Fresh for this movie! I say, gotta watch this classic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment