Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sandra Bullock won Academy Award for Best Actress!

She won Oscar this year on his role in The Blind Side movie as The Best Actress!



And I totally agree on this. She delivers such powerful performance in the blind side. It is Sandra Bullock's best movie in years. She always gives great performances, but this one is truly special. I honestly think she deserves an Oscar for Best Actress. When she is given the right material, like she is in this movie, she executes her performance perfectly. In her last movie, The Proposal, (All About Steve is not really a movie.. :P ) she is given a very bland script and somehow pulls out a great performance and fun chemistry between co star Ryan Reynolds. Given this excellent script, she pulls off one of the performances of the year and makes this good movie great.

She  beat Meryl Streep to win the Academy Award for Best Actress in this year's Oscar, she'll make history, because in addition to winning Oscar she also earned a nomination -- from the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation -- for Worst Actress of the year for starring in the movie All about Steve. Sandra actually showed up to receive her Razzie award, and she came bearing gifts. That is awesome! I'm glad she's such a good sport about it; hardly any celebs actually show up to those awards.

Afterall, Sandra Bullock for me is such a wonderful actress, charming, persistent, hard-working, and humble. Her success is phenomenal, who could have predicted that 'finally' after all her hardwork, her role, she gets oscar! She said in a statement, "Who would have thought after all these years that I would be experiencing this moment now ... I certainly didn't. ".Way to go Sandra, love your performance, your movies!

2 comments:

  1. I too am happy that Sandra won the Academy Award for her great performance in Blind Side.Sandra has been known mostly to do romantic comedies ,but now seems to be doing some more serious work Some very very good serious actors starting doing comedy roles like Bill Murray and Tom Hanks.For all Sandra Bullock fans I recommend Love Potion No 9 which she made just before she became a big star.Sandra plays a nerdy scientist who accidentally discovers a potion that was given to her nerdy male scientist friend actually makes anyone who takes it irresistible to the first person of opposite sex they see.Yeah it sounds corny but it's a really cute movie with many clever and funny moments.Sandra is great playing both the nerdy scientist and the duckling who blossoms into the swan after taking the potion....Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I'd love that movie. I gotta find that one...Thanks, Chris

    ReplyDelete