Saturday, March 27, 2010

When I was a little kid...

When I was a little kid, I was easily impressed by anything around me. I liked to play "masak-masak (playing cooking) with my brother and my neighbours, and I would cut paper, lots of them, and pretended it was rice, and sell it, pretending it was nasi lemak (I did develop such ambition to sell rice in market lol ) before my mom yelled at me and asked me to clean up all the papers I have messed around. Then I used to ride bicycle with my neighbours every morning, racing, karet jepang, badminton, kites....And also played barbie dolls... or bongkar pasang dolls. Everything was easier to like, I had great fun!!

Talking about neighbours, I have one childhood friend, he is Sengkim (Hendrik), he is same old with me, we were always going everywhere together, I remember when I was about to take English lesson, as he was at the same course with me and one day he was sick, I would cry cos he was not there with me and vice versa, we always burst in tantrum if we were not together. We used to play many stuffs together, but before any of you think that we develop any romantic interest, ewww.....no way with Sengkim, he is like my brother already. Hehe... Then we grow up and sayonara Sengkim, we talk less and less and almost never now, especially now he is in Singapore.


Just seeing how simple things were when we were little kids, but in the mind of little kids, things actually look complicated for them too that they sometimes cried, burst into stupid tantrum, and now we laugh at how we were actually childish that time. Ah, Ecclesiastes 3: 1 There's always a time for everything...Time to be kids, time to grow up, Problem is when people are actually grown ups, but being childish...lol



P.S: I wish I could post my pics when I was little kid, but they were old pics, I am too lazy to scan, but I always have my hair tied like this comic artwork (by Natalie Dee) I put here.

A little child
so innocent and free
full of joy and love
uninhibited by those fears
that plague me
so trusting and naive
always forgiving
seeing beauty
in everyone and everything
self-confidently taking on life
bold and daring
risking her all
to capture a world

What happened to that child
within me?

No comments:

Post a Comment