Thursday, September 9, 2010
Let The Right One In (1998)
I finally got the movie, I have been trying to get this movie since I read the book. And the book is better than the movie, with more details that can't be conveyed by the movie. Anyway, this movie is still worth watching. Let The Right One In is a Swedish vampire film about a human that gets in a close relationship with a vampire. I know what you're thinking, Twilight, hehe, but no this film is far from Twilight. The main characters in this film is a bullied 12 year old boy named Oskar (Hedebran). The other main character is a vampire named Eli (Leandersson). These two develop a friendship right off the start of the movie.
This film is better experienced by watching it not reading a review. But i'll still tell you how good it is. The soundtrack is beautiful and so are the camera shots. Who knew a horror movie could be so deeply moving and touching. Aside from that unfunny pun, Let The Right One In is complex, involving and freaky. This film deals with the complexity of preteen relationships as well as blending some horrific scenes of high tension and jolting attacks. The young girl who played the vampire was great and I loved how she portrayed it. There are so many depressing emotions mixed with a bit of happiness that makes your heart beat throughout this movie. The ending made the movie for me and was fantastic to see their relationship end up like that. Let The Right One In is near masterpiece of the depiction of preteen life and struggles and it is a complete and utter triumph. Though, maybe cos I have read the book, I still see the flaws in the movie, the movie is a little slow until the end, but every so often a scary scene or great new twist will come along in the plot and change the movie around and hence I can only give 80% fresh for this movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment