Thursday, September 9, 2010
The Painted Veil (2006)
I watched this movie in cinema years ago, and It was such a touching movie, that I even got affected by the emotion here for days after watching. I just watched it again, and I wanna tell you how good it is.
The movie is based on the 1925 novel The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham. It comes with a theme "Sometimes the greatest journey is the distance between two people". It's a beautiful story of a woman who tears the heart of the man who loves her so much out only to realize he is the man that she loves in the end! It's like loving someone too late. The end is heart wrenching.
The Chinese locale setting and landscape is so powerful and beautiful that the beautiful geography of the place seems to awe the cast and unite them, intensifying the performance chemistry between stars Edward Norton and Naomi Watts as middle-class Dr. Walter Fane and his restless upper-class wife, Kitty. They deliver such a great act, touching performance. The Painted Veil is a stirring lesson about transience and atonement. It is a fine fusion of romance with a shot of Eastern aesthetic thrown in for flavor; it is familiar yet unique, and certainly memorable in its own right. When I watched it, I simply thought "What an art!". The whole impact is exquisitely beautiful. The Painted Veil is still an emotional journey, for both the characters and the viewer. This movie does the book justice in adapting the literature and comes out beautiful and emotional like this. I LOVE THIS FILM!
100% FRESH for this movie. The best romance ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



wow.. seems like i want to watch this movie..
ReplyDeletedo you know where i can get this movie?
:)
Sil, try to get it from local dvd stalls, it's supposed to be easy. But if you just wanna watch it, I'll lend you the dvd.
ReplyDelete