Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Karate Kid (2010)


The Karate Kid is a beautiful story with a nice script, nicely laid out scenes and amazing fighting by Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith. I really enjoyed the plot line and most of the acting.

Not only because of the casting of Jackie Chan, a man who is always interesting for me always, his martial arts and stunt team has always been sublime, but also because of the choice of Jayden Smith, the son of Will Smith. This is a kid with the pedigree and potential to make it big.


Many people have said that the film is to long, but seeing some of the simply stunning scenery kinda made me forget about it, and to me, i never really felt the film dragged. The martial arts is cool.

All in all, I really really enjoyed it. Classic comeback kid movie, I was waiting to see that last battle and enjoyed it. Hats off to the young Mr Smith for his martial arts in the movie, absolutely great!

80% for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment