Saturday, September 11, 2010

À la claire fontaine ♥ (From The Painted Veil movie)

There's this song that I currently love so much, It's in The Painted Veil soundtrack. It was sung by Shang Wen-jie, the winner of last year's "Super Voice Girl" singing contest in China. She just graduated from the Shanghai-based Fudan University as a French major.

 Here is the song, you can download here, just right click and save as:
Download Ala claire Fontaine 

À la claire fontaine
At the Clear Fountain
Chanson enfantine   

(French)
À la claire fontaine,
M'en allant promener
J'ai trouvé l'eau si belle
Que je m'y suis baigné

Refrain :
Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai

Sous les feuilles d'un chêne,
Je me suis fait sécher
Sur la plus haute branche,
Un rossignol chantait

Refrain :
Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai

Chante rossignol, chante,
Toi qui as le c?ur gai
Tu as le c?ur à rire,
Moi je l'ai à pleurer

Refrain :
Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai

J'ai perdu mon amie,
Sans l'avoir mérité
Pour un bouquet de roses,
Que je lui refusais

Refrain :
Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai

Je voudrais que la rose,
Fût encore au rosier
Et que ma douce amie
Fût encore à m'aimer
(autre version:
Et que le rosier même
À la mer fût jeté.)

Refrain :
Il y a longtemps que je t'aime
Jamais je ne t'oublierai

(English)
At the clear fountain,
While I was strolling by,
I found the water so nice
That I went in to bathe.

Chorus
So long I've been loving you,
I will never forget you.

Under an oak tree,
I dried myself.
On the highest branch,
A nightingale was singing.

Chorus
So long I've been loving you,
I will never forget you.

Sing, nightingale, sing,
Your heart is so happy.
Your heart feels like laughing,
Mine feels like weeping.

Chorus
So long I've been loving you,
I will never forget you.

I lost my beloved,
Without deserving it,
For a bunch of roses,
That I denied her.

Chorus
So long I've been loving you,
I will never forget you.

I wanted the rose
To be still on the bush,
And my sweet beloved
To be still loving me.
(other version:
And even the rosebush
To be thrown in the sea.)

Chorus
So long I've been loving you,
I will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment