Friday, February 5, 2010

Carpe Diem (Seize my day)

It doesn't hurt to make a brief introduction for myself apart from the one provided in this blog already. lol Ok...Who am I? If it wasn't me who would i want to be? How can you mend a broken heart? Those are good questions, except the last one. I am sure the last one is just a BeeGees song!
CARPE DIEM-! Here's de kinda person who needs some tea each day to start revving up!! Chinese tea anyone? Olympic Champion for absentmindedness! It's not that I am proud of it, but, really, from where i see it, I got two options, dwell on it all day or laugh my way out of it, so you see, the latter, is definitely where i end up. I feed on all types of books...especially the ones which set me thinking and laughing..Live on classical or operatic pop... But on top of all, cuisine per se would just make my wonderful day..(don't get me wrong, i dont cook, i eat!)..well, enough said, u figure out the rest then...

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your reactions of anger or hurt seem uncontrollable? Perhaps this event caused you much pain and no matter how much you convince yourself that there is a proper way of dealing with your feelings there seems to be something deeper in you being affected that you cannot make it go away easily?

Have you met people in your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there? No matter how short this encounter may be, they were there to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are or who you want to become. You never know who this people may be but when you come face to face with them and look them in their eyes, you know that every moment you are with them will affect your life in some profound way.

If this someone angers you, hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive them, regardless of how painful and misery-bound the situation may be. They may be there to help you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart. But if someone is nice to you or loves you, don’t hold back. Thank them and return the favor, not only because of their sincerity but also because they are teaching you to open your heart and eyes to little things. We sometimes become engross in collecting stones that we tend to forget to pick out the diamonds.

There will also be times when things unexplainable happen to you. At that time, they may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you will realize your potential, strength, will power your heart. You might not wish for this thing to happen, but it happened and you cannot prevent it from happening. All you’ve got are the pains and sufferings that must be fully dealt with great understanding and wisdom for you to be able to accept all that happened. The challenge for us is to face this with courage. Running away from it would only aggravate these matters because we will only be masking the hurt than healing it.

Similar incidents will continue to haunt us. Just when we are about to recover from that old feeling of loneliness and pain, fate seem to find the time to rekindle that past hurt in a very strange way, yet another chapter and page in our life to forget. I guess no matter how hard we try, we are bound to hurt over and over by our past until we are able to hold firmly of the future.

We don’t want to think that we can’t and don’t control our life, don’t we? I believe in the thought that we make our own destiny and future, though our lives have already been set to by a greater plan. Still, it is our choice of how we decide to accept those paths. We are all given privilege to choose. What we are today, what we will be in the future is not by chance but wholly by choice. The successes and downfalls we experienced can create who we are, and the bad experienced can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones; and no one will make restitutions for our actions but our own selves.
Eventually, we will learn that everything happens for a reason, not by chance or by means of good luck. Though we ask ourselves why it happened to us, we will know that these all occur to test the limits of or soul. Without these small tests, life would be safe and comfortable but dull and pointless.

I just wish that the next time something great comes my way I will learn to appreciate every moment and take from it everything that I possibly can, for I may never come to experience it again. Everything has its time, its own season, its own reason for coming and going. We can only embrace it when it arrives and let it go when it chooses to leave. 

I learn to talk to people who I have never talked to before, and actually listen. Surround myself with those who can make me smile, laugh and make me happy before it’s too late. After all we don’t know what’s gonna happen next.

I also want to improve myself, learn focusing on things that matters at the moment, break free and set my sights high, believe in yourself, for if I don’t, no one else will. Create my own life then LET GO and LIVE IT! CARPE DIEM!


No comments:

Post a Comment