Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Memorable songs :P

Sometimes the air just doesn’t provide enough energy. Sometimes mood swing gets the best of everything. Sometimes the lovey-dovey mode just decides to creep gracefully inside and paint everything pastel. Each of these songs tells the most poignant of stories, wrapping itself in the tender caress of delicately-carved melodies. Basically, they are, each of them a recommendation of its own, my trump cards at my poker games of emotion.Upon writing this note, I am listening to these songs in the still of the night   O, what a rapture.

1. Wishing you were somehow here again by Sarah Brightman

Some of the lines are:

"Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here"

"Too many years fighting back tears
Why can't the past just die?"

"No more memories, no more silent tears
No more gazing across the wasted years
Help me say goodbye"

This song reminds me of the loved one I lost in life, it has this poignant memories, but this song is really a remarkable song, with the purest voice of Sarah Brightman, I am absolutely appalled.

2.Love Story by Taylor Swift

“Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone.
I keep waiting, for you but you never come.
Is this in my head, I don't know what to think-
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said...

Marry me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone.
I love you, and that's all I really know.
I talked to your dad -- go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say... yes.”

Taylor Swift maybe really young but she definitely had made numerous timeless love songs. Critics call this song ‘a nice twist’ since this song doesn’t take a perspective of a young girl (as Swift’s song usually do) but rather of a time-enduring couple reminiscing the budding of their love. I personally believe that this is her best work so far. The story in the song is about a girl meeting her love for the first time, they fell in love along their dates. The father didn’t approve so they had sneak behind the bushes but eventually the father approved and they’re happy. How dreamy. The best part of the song is perhaps the quality of the words. Swift’s lyrics is very down-to-earth and her stories of “standing in the balcony in summer air”, “sneak out to the garden”, and “waiting for you in the outskirts of town” are personally relatable by the common people. She tells her feeling for each of the moments in the story rather effectively, using simple but concrete phrases like “this love is difficult but it’s real” and “baby, just say… yes”; and on top of that, she makes it interesting by making poetic references such as “Romeo and Juliet” and “I was a scarlet letter”. “Love Story” is one of the best love songs because of its lyrics is a perfect fit in the pocket: it is truly a story of love.

3. I dreamed a dream by Hayley Westenra/ Susan Boyle

"And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed."

I love this song, it's like a child's view of the world, but now she's grown up, but she still dreams of her lost love, who took away her childhood. The closing line really strikes me, though "Now life has killed the dream I dreamed."

4. I finally found someone by Bryan Adams and Barbara Streisand

"I finally found someone
That knocks me off my feet
I finally found the one
That makes me feel complete
It started over coffe
We strated out as friends
It's funny how from simple things
The best things begin

This time is different
And it's all because of you
It's better than it's ever been
'Cause we can talk it through
My favourite line was
"Can I call you sometime"
It's all you had to say
To take my breath away "


Of course, this song, one of the most memorable song that I ever had with someone I cared about so much, He who introduced this song to me was someone who was really really special.

5.  Learn to be lonely -Ost The Phantom of the Opera

It's a dark song with a very nice melody. It gives a pathetic feeling. But as it goes dark, the song itself is sweet and not that dark. Nice combination.

6. Part of your world - Jessica Simpson Ost Little Mermaid

I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see wannna see em dancing...

So sweet, my lovely Little Mermaid song, on how the Mermaid really wanna be human. When I listen to this song, It occurs to me that sometimes we really dream on something that seems impossible for us, and only can dream...It doesn't hurt to dream, anyway. Or does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment