Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stupidly kind princess (Adopted)

He drew his sword from his scabbard and was about to slay the dragon, when the damsel cried, "Stop! What do you think you're doing?"

The knight was taken aback. "What do you mean what am I doing? I'm killing the dragon in order to rescue you."

"How could you be so cruel to animals? I could report you to the authorities, you know?" she threatened.

"But it's a dragon! It's not some domesticated animal that you can keep as a household pet; it breathes fire and kills people!"

" Hah! That's the stereotypical view about dragons. On the contrary, for the past two weeks since I've been here, it hasn't laid a finger on me. So you see, not all dragons are as dangerous or evil as you might think. Some dragons are rather gentle, like this one." To demonstrate this, she went to the dragon and patted it on its head. The gentle dragon smiled.

The knight looked extremely dismayed. "So I guess you want to stay here with the dragon and not be rescued?" he asked.

"That is correct," said the damsel. "But if you do rescue me, what am I supposed to do then? Marry you?" she asked.

"Well, of course! That's how it should be in fairy tales."

"But why should I marry you?" asked the damsel again. "I hardly know you."

"That's a good point," said the knight. And so the knight, after much thought, got onto his horse and rode off. Just then, the dragon sneezed and breathed out fire. That was the last time the damsel was seen alive.

So, guys, care to tell me what's the moral of this story according to your interpretation?

No comments:

Post a Comment