Wednesday, March 10, 2010
UP (2009)
Rated : PG (Parental Guidance for some peril and action)
Up is probably the best film Pixar has ever made. It packs so much into feelings and emotion into this film that it blows my mind. Up is simply a masterpiece. The beautiful animation and setting of Paradise Falls was breathtaking. Ed Asner does an amazing job with the character of Carl Frederickson, a lonely man who ties balloons to his house and goes up. Just in the first ten minutes alone, the movie packs a punch. Their is a montage of Carl and his wife Ellie's life together from marriage to her death that is so touching and sad. As soon as that balloon takes off, the action and fun never stops. The character of Russel, an Asian boy scout, is hilarious and provides comic relief for the whole story. Every character in the film is someone you feel emotion for. Dug and Kevin, two animals, were great as well. The suspense and emotion in this film run high all the way through as every character has something to offer. I think adults may like this as much or even more as their kids its so good. This movie found its way to my heart in several scenes with Russell and Carl. Overall, Up is a movie you must see as it has beautiful animation, great characters, supense and emotion, and scenes that could bring anybody to tears.
I give 100 % fresh for this movie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I watched it and I like it.
ReplyDeleteI love it, Yanty, I watched this with my mom last time...
ReplyDeleteAwesome Movie, i watched this movie last year....It brought tears in my eyes.....The most touching part is when at the end of the movie, when carl is turning the pages of his Adventure book & founds the pictures of his & his wife, which he had not seen ever before....The true meaning which her wife told her that the real adventure was their memories which they shared with each other living together.....My Rating 10/10
ReplyDeleteYes, Devu, I completely agree, this is such an emotional movie
ReplyDelete